I use a Sony DSC-F707
digital camera which
is the predecessor of the Sony DSC-F717
as used by John Somerville.
(1) A close focus distance in macro mode of 2 cm.
(2) Viewing through the lens like a SLR camera. (Electronic simulation)
(3) A fast Carl Zeiss f2.0 lens.
(4) The lens swivels from the camera body allowing shooting at ground level.
(5) An AE LOCK button to fix the exposure.
(6) A button to change between Automatic and Manual focusing.
(7) Shutter priority and Aperture priority modes.
(8) Manual exposure mode (aperture and shutter speed).
(9) AF lock, ie locking the focus by holding the shutter button halfway down.